Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thrify Challenge


Yes, that's my closet. Yes, that's a bunk bed. Yes, I share a small crowder room with my best friend. Yes, we share a closet. Yes, we are stuffed in here!

It's crazy how much girls and guys will spend on clothes. My roommate and I came up with this great challenge. We are not going to buy any clothes NEW for 6 months!? Sound's crazy? Think again! So far, we've both found adorable and trendy things.
It's perfect for treasure hunters. You can find amazing things at Goodwill's, garage sales, local thrift stores, vintage shops, Ebay, Amazon, Plato's closets...and etc! Plato's Closet is a great store. It's like a Goodwill, but they only take the latest fashions and clothes. You can't drop it off, it's outdated by an year! Isn't that nifty?

It's definitely not easy. We live in an amazing city with so many good stores and clothing. But we are saving so much! And we are recycling! My roommate and I are on a small budget. We want to help the environment by buying natural cottons and other vegan materials. But those clothes can often be expensive! This is our way of helping the earth out. So far, we can't complain. My wallet is happy, my closet is happy, the earth is happy, and I'm happy!
We want to invite you to join the challenge. 6-12 months can be a long time. So why not try it out for three months? You will not be disappointed.

I'm just taking this one day at a time. I'll keep ya'll updated!


The finest clothing made is a person's skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this. ~Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment