Friday, February 18, 2011

Soaking and Soaping

Did you know your skin is the largest organ you own? I mean, you always knew it was important. You watch for pimples, cuts, scars, freckles, and wrinkles. If your skin looks good, you look good. So, what are you soaking into it?
  1. Go into your bathroom
  2. Look into the mirror
  3. Notice how beautiful you are.
  4. Head towards the shower
  5. Pick up your body wash/soap
  6. Find the ingredients
  7. Now, try to pronounce them.
Uhm, scary. What on earth is BENZALDEHYDE? And why am I rubbing it into my skin. Toxins, Chemicals, and Poison..oh my!

Take a look at this website, and tell me this doesn't freak you out! http://www.ourlittleplace.com/chemicals.html

  • "BENZALDEHYDE (in: perfume, cologne, hairspray, laundry bleach, deodorants, detergent, vaseline lotion, shaving cream, shampoo, bar soap, dishwasher detergent)

    Narcotic. Sensitizer. "Local anesthetic, CNS depressant"... "irritation to the mouth, throat, eyes, skin, lungs, and GI tract, causing nausea and abdominal pain." "May cause kidney damage." "Do not use with contact lenses.""


Go organic! I just bought the best smelling soap in the world. It was 2 dollars at whole foods. I love it and I can't wait to soap up! It doesn't have any scary ingredients and it makes my skin, nose, and brain so happy! It will also make your heart happy, because you aren't hurting the planet. It's cheap and natural. Very earthylove worthy. Don't knock it till you try it.

Update: Since I was a kid, I have always gotten these little red dots on my arms. Totally embarrassing, totally annoying. I have also known other girls who have these little dots on their arms too.

I always know a soap works, when it can get rid of the dots! Dove got rid of them. But dove is just not organic! I was so nervous, that the organic soap wouldn't do the same trick. But I was oh so wrong! They are gone! Thank Goodness! This is how, I know, It is a good soap. I give it an A+!

No comments:

Post a Comment