Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Breakfast Mask

You could always buy a "do-it-yourself" mask at the store. But I bet you'll find ridiculous ingredients on the back like, "Methylparaben" and "Phenoxyethanol." Or you could go to a spa and put down some MAJOR cash for a more "natural" mask.
However, I don't want to soak my skin in sketchy ingredients, nor do i have enough money to support a spa trip. If you're on the same boat, the Breakfast Mask is for you!
It feels amazing on, and even more amazing when you take it off. My skin felt brand new and refreshed. All you need is:
  • Oatmeal
  • An egg (Optional)
  • A mixing bowl
  • A spoonful of honey (Optional)
  • A wash cloth (Optional)
  • Toilet Paper (Optional)
Vegan? This will totally give you awesome results WITHOUT the egg and honey! Go crazy, my vegan lovers!

Besides the wash cloth and toilet paper, any observer would totally think your just making breakfast. These ingredients are super cheap, and most likely already in your house! This mask feels great to do at any time of the day. I use it for a fresh start right when I wake up, or a nice soothing remedy for right before bed! The choice is completely yours!

This recipe makes enough for two Mask-ers. I picked two, because this is best to do with a friend! Having a friend there to put it on for you is relaxing. It's also a bit messy, it could be hard for you to put it on yourself while lying down.
  1. Wash your face. Take off all your makeup and other gunk that cultivates on our faces.
  2. Cook a bowl of oatmeal. (Organic is best) But whatever you have, will work. Just make sure it's not one of those sugary flavored oatmeals. Original/Natural is key.
  3. Let the oatmeal cool to about the temperature you would usually eat it at. So still, warm!
  4. Crack an egg into. I use one egg for one bowl of oatmeal.
  5. Drop in the honey!
  6. Scared for oatmeal in your hair? If no, skip this step. If yes, read on! My roommate Chelsea (bottom picture), didn't want to mess up her hair. So we took a piece of toilet paper and tied it around her head. It made the most perfect/cheapest hair protector!
  7. Lie down somewhere comfy. If you are messy, It might be nice to lay a towel down under your head.
  8. Have your handy friend lightly push on the oatmeal mask.
  9. Let it soak in for about 15 minutes. But I like to keep it on for 30! It just feels so good!
  10. Soak your wash cloth in warm water and then massage the oatmeal mask off.
  11. After it's all gone, splash your face with cold water! (Closes your pores!)
How do you feel? My skin was so smooth and soft! And it was so clear for the rest of the week. I think I'm going to start doing this once a week!

Beauty is only skin deep. -Thomas Overbury


No comments:

Post a Comment