Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Greasy Hair Remedy

Everybody hates greasy hair. Girls can't stand having it. Girls can't stand boys who have it. If you're anything like me, theres nothing that feels grosser. My roommate claims that half the time, I complain about greasy hair, I don't have it. But I'll never believe that.

I have thick hair and live in some raw humidity type of weather. I have to wash my hair everyday. Sometimes, If I'm going somewhere special, I want to wash it twice a day. But that's sobad for the environment! According to answers.com~ we use 20 gallons of water for a five minute shower! That's crazy. And my showers definitely aren't just five minutes..
So, here's a trick to get rid of greasy hair. However, this does NOT replace daily showers.
This is just perfect for that first moment when you catch your hair starting to get greasy.

You may have heard of waterless shampoo's...this is just like that...EXCEPT it's not going to break your bank! All you need is body powder! I use Gold Bond. It comes in that great cute little yellow and red container. All you need to do is sprinkle the smallest bit into you hair and than pat it in. It absorbs moisture and grease!

Waterless shampoos can be anywhere from 30-100 dollars. EEP!
It's an amazing trick. It's perfect for when I take a shower in the morning, but have plans in the evening. My super amazing roommate taught me this trick! She's the best! And this trick saves time, money, and water!

“Water is life's mater and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.” - Albert Szent

No comments:

Post a Comment